Monday, October 5, 2009

Retreat house

My class with Kathryn Antyr on Personal Retreat Online Workshop has started.
The topic of RETREAT is totally new to me.

Lesson 1 : Cultivating Awareness

According to Kathryn, "Retreats provide an opportunity to step out of the everyday busyness and offers a respite for the soul. To retreat is not to run or hide from our problems and responsibilities, but to quiet the busy mind and to listen to our hearts. It is in *being* not *doing* that we uncover our inner guide. Peace and joyfulness is found in our stillness. When we return from retreat we are restored, grounded, and prepared to live our life from a place of strength. "



When I enter into this Retreat & Creative Studio, " I Free Myself This Moment".


I'm creating my journal in house-shape.
A big and comfort sofa & books for reading that I find find inviting and relaxing.







Tags:

6 comments:

Kathryn Costa said...

I love it! I know where I want to schedule my next retreat. I like how the door opens up and you have a little message tucked inside. Are you finding time this week for conscious relaxation? Has it helped to open up your creativity? Thanks for sharing with the group.

Eloise Taesali said...

Such a nice place! I love all your ideas! Love how it's dark in the doorway but the message is so firmly positive.

Susan Hosken said...

Loved seeing more things on retreats.
Thanks for sharing
Lots of love from susan in australia

Nat Palaskas said...

Very interesting project you are taking on at the online retreat. I will be looking out for more - Hugs Natima

Teresa aka Tess said...

I like your retreat journal very much. THe house shape is pretty and inspirational. Making a home a retreat.

Linda Vincent said...

Looks wonderful Lay Hoon!You've done a great job...
Linda :-)